Study 8 of 13 on Proverbs
In The Great American Novel, Larry Norman sings
“You say all men are equal, all men are brothers,
Then why are the rich more equal than others?
Don’t ask me for the answer, I’ve only got one:
That a man leaves his darkness when he follows the Son”
Scriptural Basis: Proverbs 20–22; Jer. 9:23, 24; Matt. 25:35–40.
Key Text: “Most men will proclaim each his own goodness, but who can find a faithful man?” (Prov. 20:6, NKJV).
1. What does evolution say about the value of the individual human being?
2. What does Proverbs 20:12 teach us about the value of all humans?
3. What are the rewards of keeping the Sabbath?
4. We sometimes hear of the expression “death to self.” What does this mean in the Christian’s life?
5. Why do Christians sometimes experience burnout?
6. In what practical ways can we learn to emulate the character of Christ more closely?