Study 11 of 13 on Proverbs
“By faith. By faith I believe in a God who loves. By faith I believe in a God who laughs with saints and sinners alike. By faith I believe in creation. By faith I believe in Jesus and His sacrifice for me. And because I believe I live a life that should demonstrate that love, that laughter, that creativity, and that grace…I should be free.”—Falvo Fowler
Scriptural Basis: Prov. 28:4, 5, 7, 9; 29:13; Rom. 1:16, 17; Gal. 3:24; 1 John 2:15–17.
Key Text: “The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe” (Prov. 29:25, NKJV).
1. What does our title for this week—“Living by Faith”—mean to you?
2. How does the law point us to Jesus?
3. Why is faith in God ultimately a rational position?
4. How do passages in Proverbs 28 relate to what Jesus called “the deceitfulness of riches”? (Mark 4:19).
5. What is your understanding of what it means to love the truth?
6. In what practical ways can the Decalogue be shared so that it is treasured and honored?